Our antique-store mason jar bird feeder that we’ve been using in our backyard fell this afternoon and shattered on the deck. I think the screw-eye that was drilled through the base of the jar just came unscrewed due to the twisting of the feeder during bird activity. It’s all my fault because I didn’t keep an eye on it. Oh well. Luckily we have a few jars that fit onto the base, but I am unable to drill thru the base to re-attach the screw-eye. After a bit of thought, I used some wire to make a little harness which seems to be pretty strong. I really like this little bird feeder, and don’t want to get rid of it.
Truth be told, I ordered another bird feeder before I fixed the old one. I suppose I could still cancel it, but it is inexpensive, and I’m curious to see how it performs. I’m not sure if we have room for both feeders, but I’m sure I can figure something out. 😃