こんばんは。How’s it going?
Today I picked up my new car, a Subaru Crosstrek. I love it! The weather forecast was for a cold, rainy day, so I was worried that the test drive and inspection would be a messy affair, but as it turned out, there was only a light drizzle. But it was actually appropriate, because the Crosstrek is perfect for this kind of weather. It’s got all-wheel-drive for safety, and heated seats for comfort. 😆
I love just about everything about the car. Here are the stand-outs for me:
- Fuel economy – 30 MPG combined
- Color – I love the “Cool Gray Khaki”
- Android Auto / Apple CarPlay – Access to Google Maps, Music, apps in a nice car-based interface on the center console
- Smaller than the Odyssey – Easier to park and fit in the garage
- High ground clearance – 8.7 inches will be better for those dirt roads in Big Bend!
- Heated seats – Nice and toasty for the morning drive
And then here are a few things that I am not fond of:
- Doors don’t automatically unlock when using the inside handle
- Minimal cargo space – Will have to use the roof rack when we go camping
- Minimal storage in the front – Where can I put my sunglasses?
Also, it’s fun that Subaru has a kind of cult following. There’s a lot of active Subaru forums out there, plus a bunch of community features on the Subaru website. And because this is a car that I have been wanting for a few years, I have a closer fondness for it than any of my previous cars. I hope to be driving my Subaru Crosstrek for many years to come.
I hope you had a nice Wednesday!