My camera of choice, the Fujifilm X100T, has recently been discontinued, which means the new model is on the horizon. The things I love about my X100T are that it is small, simple, lightweight, and the file-sizes are reasonable. It’s perfect for my style of shooting. That being said, there are some things that I wish my camera had… hopefully the next iteration of the X100 series will address these shortcomings:
- Weather sealing – It would be nice to be able to not worry about a little rain. 🌧 There have been a few times when I’ve had to hide the camera under my jacket.
- Custom Settings
- More than 7 – Even if there were only 7 available in the Q menu, it would be handy to be able to save more than those and then designate which ones are available in the Q menu.
- Names for Custom settings – Instead of the standard “C1”, “C2”, etc., I’d like to name the settings things like “Work Headshot”, “February Event”, “Snapshots”, etc.
- Save image size in Custom settings – For the aforementioned “Snapshots” custom setting, I’d like to switch the image size to Small, 1:1, so I’d be able to capture super-lightweight files quickly.
- GPS – I love to see the photos on the map 🗺 in Lightroom and Flickr. But another great reason for having GPS in-camera is that your date/time settings are always correct. 🕗
These improvements are relatively minor, and the X100T is still an excellent camera. 📷 Just a few more tweaks, and it would be perfect!