This evening Mariko got called into work unexpectedly so she couldn’t finish preparing the curry she planned for dinner and left it up to me to put together. Actually, my job was really easy. I just had to run to the store to buy some curry blocks, then add them to the beef stew that was waiting in the Instant Pot. For this one, I used a half portion of hot Golden Curry, and a half portion of hot Java Curry.
It was yummy, but the special thing about the dinner was that I made some eggs that my coworker’s chickens had produced. They were so delicious!
Speaking of that, we have been using a new technique to boil eggs. It’s the best method to boil eggs we have found because it’s relatively fast and the eggs peel easily. Here’s how you do it:
- Put the eggs in a pot with about 1-2 cm of water in the bottom.
- Turn the heat on high until the water boils. It won’t take long since there’s not much water.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the heat, and set the timer for 8 more minutes.
- Cool the eggs under cold water, peel, and enjoy!
I hope you had a nice Friday!